Wednesday 28 March 2018

'Like him that travels I return again...' (Sonnet 109)

I'm back!

This blog fell on the backburner for me over the past few months, as I've struggled with illness and a busy, busy schedule. But on reflection, this project of writing about Shakespeare and reviewing theatre is really important to me, especially as I go into an MA in Shakespeare and Theatre at the Shakespeare Institute.




Yet in order to keep this project feasible, I'll be changing the format of my posts slightly, to keep it from becoming a looming task. I'll be streamlining my theatre reviews, keeping them concise by focusing on only a handful of stand-out elements. As for 'Shakespeare Sunday' - these will become monthly, instead of weekly, and will fall on the last Sunday of the month. I also have an idea to run a series of 'Radical Restaging' posts, but more on that later. 

In October, I begin my MA in Stratford-upon-Avon. I have a few ideas of the subjects I'd like to study, but whatever I go on to research, I'll try to document it here. 

So, the upcoming posts: 
  • Next week - Review of Julius Caesar at The Bridge Theatre
  • Sunday 29 April - Shakespeare Sunday 

See you then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment