Tuesday 31 October 2017

Mood Board: October 2017




This month was a mixture of some huge and thrilling experiences, and some other smaller, but nonetheless heartwarming events.

First of all - something to be proud of. My poem 'Wings', was featured in The Poetry of the Black Country, an anthology published by Offa's Press. I am representing this with Robert Perry's painting 'Winter Nightfall in the Midlands', which features on the book's cover. The anthology is available to buy here.

In my role as a heritage volunteer at Sarehole Mill, I helped out at the Halloween evenings we held over the weekend, which really warmed my spirit. The site was decorated so beautifully, with tealights trailing along the edges of paths, and fairylights strung about the beams of the mill.

This month, I really enjoyed reading JRR Tolkien's Roverandom, a sweet and imaginative story which is just as pleasing to adults as it is to children. I have also seen some really great shows at the RSC - this month's stand-out was the production of Marlowe's Dido, Queen of Carthage (photo by Topher McGrillis, copyright of RSC, found here).

I also ticked a huge item from my bucket list, by visiting Rome. As my blog might suggest, as well as being a lover of Shakespeare, I am also strongly drawn to everything Ancient Rome. I did a lot of preparation for this trip, and so to finally see all the monuments and ruins rise up above me was a dream come true. I'm still on cloud nine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment